OK, so you are a newbie to Web design and you want to your Microsoft word to
edit your pages. Can you? Sure you can. (Although with all the
software applications we offer free with your
Website, you probably don't need to do this).
Here are some of the basic steps
STEP 1 - FRONTPAGE EXTENSIONS
Front Page Extensions need to be installed or you will not be able to save
files to your web server.
Go to your Administrator Control Panel (the info is in the welcome
email you received)
Click the Server icon.
You should see this
Click FrontPage Extensions.
Click Install extensions.
You should get a confirmation message telling you they were installed.
STEP 2 - ACCESSING WITH MS WORD
1. Open Word.
2. Click File->Open
3. Type in http://YourDomain.com. You should see this
4. Enter the username and password you got in the welcome letter.
5. You will see a list of files and folders. Double click index.html
to open it.
6. Type, new stuff, Drag pictures from your desktop, add clipboard items
whatever ... make your masterpiece.
7. Click Save to save it as index.html or Save as to save as
a new file.
8. Let's say you save a file as pictures.html, to access it you
would go to http://YourDomain.com/pictures.html
a. Files must end in either .htm or .html.
b. File names are Case Sensitive.
c. Do not use spaces in file names..
STEP 3 - ADDING A HYPERLINK
Hyperlinks are these blue things you click to navigate from one page to
To add a hyper link form one page to another ---
1. Select the text you want to be a hyperlink.
2. Right click the text. Select Hyperlink
3. A box appears with all the files on your site. Double click the file
you want it to link to. Done.